The course is designed in a way that strengthens the pillars of a child’s career and goals. It focuses on the value addition of the mathematical knowledge already owned by the student. Definition of terms, advanced concepts, multiple steps, and new formulas are introduced enhancing analytical and rational thinking. The pupil is in a position to grasp the knowledge of Arithmetic, Basic Algebra, Basic trigonometry, geometry, etc.
The recommended Mathematics book is Essential ICSE Mathematics for Class 8 by Bharati Bhavan/A.D. Gupta & A. Kumar, ICSE New Mathematics Today Class 8 published by S.Chand/O.P.Malhotra, S.K.Gupta and Anubhuti Gangal, Concise Mathematics – Middle School Class 8 by Selina and Longman ICSE Mathematics Class 8 by Pearson/ V.K. Sehgal.
Theme 1:Rational Numbers
· Rational numbers
· Representation of Number Line
· Perfect Prime Factorization
· Long Division Methods
· Word Problems based on real-life situations using rational numbers
Theme 2:Exponents powers
· Laws of exponents with integral powers
· Square and square roots using the division method
· Cubes and Cube roots
· Union and the intersection of sets
· Disjoint - set
· Complement a set
Theme 4:Algebraic operations
· Algebraic expressions
· Calculations on algebraic expressions (Addition, Subtraction, Division, Multiplication)
· Inequalities and solutions to simple inequalities
· Solving Linear equations
Theme 5: Understanding shapes
· Properties of Quadrilaterals and Parallelogram (square, rectangle, and rhombus)
· Concept of cube, cuboid, and cylinder
· Total surface area of cube and cuboid
· Concept of Volume and capacity and their measurement
· Data Handling
· Simple Pie charts
The most important problem in higher-level mathematics is to obtain the solutions by following a rigorous pattern of steps. Marks are accorded to each step and hence students need to have a good hold on them. Edugraff helps the child to understand the concept clearly and to solve the sums painlessly without forgetting the steps. The teachers’ in-depth knowledge strives for every child’s perfection through personal interactions and helps them to familiarize themselves with new word problems. A 10-minute revision before every mathematics lecture will help to retain core data and clear doubts by conducting doubt-solving sessions.
Skills that our students learn
We, at Edugraff, develop the pupil’s problem-solving capacity by enabling them to apply mathematical knowledge and solve various day–to–day problems. This application helps the student to comprehend the importance of mathematics in our lives thereby creating a lifelong interest in mathematics. The student can handle abstractions and read tables, charts, graphs, etc. The pupil develops computation and logical thinking ability because they are well aware of the omnipresence that mathematics has in their growing years. They will come across different ways and multiple methods to arrive at the same solution. Edugraff provides video lessons, question banks, and sample papers with fully worked-out solutions.
1. Is Mathematics ICSE Grade 8 very difficult to learn?
No, this is not so. It only requires a little more concentration on the part of the student. Once the student understands the logic he/she will not find it very difficult to learn the subject.
2. How can a pupil work out a word problem?
The word problems are the toughest area of studying mathematics and hence the student should go through them repeatedly and apply his logical thinking to solve them.
3. Should we stick to the syllabus of class 8 or should the child be free to explore more?
The child is encouraged to stick to the syllabus because the curriculum is vast and has wide applications. The child might try out new sums or word problems from different books but only under the guidance of an experienced teacher.
4. How can I get full marks in Class 8 Mathematics?
The online tutoring and the study materials provided by Edugraff should be gone through daily. The child should be attentive in class and be quick in grasping knowledge. Also, the child should do his homework provided by Edugraff on time.
5. How can mathematics help in solving problems in real life?
The sums and word problems are designed in a way that helps the pupil to familiarize themselves with daily life. We use mathematics to compute bills, and design algorithms to fix our budgets. Moreover, it is also widely used in programming languages.